Guilds of Ravnica is the tenth set in Magic: The Gathering Arena and the first in the Guilds of Ravnica block.
A list of cards can be found here, a card gallery here.
Guilds of Ravnica was added to MTG Arena as part of the September 27th 2018 open beta game update. The paper card set will be released on October 5, 2018.
Themes & MechanicsEdit
The guilds of Selesnya (green-white ), Boros (red-white ), Golgari (black-green ), Izzet (blue-red ), and Dimir (blue-black ) will be featured.
The following mechanics were announced on August 30, 2018:
- Convoke is a static keyword ability that lets you tap creatures rather than pay mana to cast a spell.
- Convoke in Guilds of Ravnica is exclusive to the Selesnya guild.
- When a creature with Mentor attacks, you put a +1/+1 counter on an attacking creature with less power.
- Mentor is the mechanic linked to the Boros guild.
- Surveil is similar to Scry, but instead of putting cards on the bottom of your library, they go to your graveyard.
- Surveil is the mechanic linked to the Dimir guild.
- You can play Instants and Sorceries with Jump-Start from your graveyard by discarding another card, paying mana and exiling the spell.
- Jump-Start is the mechanic linked to the Izzet guild.
- Undergrowth abilities care about the number of creatures in your graveyard.
- Undergrowth is the mechanic linked to the Golgari guild.
- Guild themed spells with two halves on the top face. Each half can be cast individually.
- Casting costs that can be payed by either of two colors.
Alternate Card Art Edit
With Guilds of Ravnica cards with alternate art (apart from basic lands) were introduced to Magic Arena.
- ↑ Open Beta Coming September 27th, MTGA beta forums, September 19, 2018
- ↑ 2018 Spring Announcement Day, wizards.com, May 18, 2018
- ↑ Weekly MTG: First Look at GRN Mechanics, twitch.tv/magic, August 30, 2018
- ↑ Guilds of Ravnica Mechanics, wizards.com, September 4, 2018
- ↑ Weekly MTG: First Look at GRN Mechanics, Magic: the Gathering YouTube, August 31, 2018
This article is a Stub
that is short and needs improvement.
You can help the Magic Arena Wiki
by expanding it