Card/Color DistributionEditExert can often be found on , and creature cards.
Watch this explanatory video to see how this game concept works.
Comprehensive Rules Glossary (April 17, 2020)
- A keyword action that stops a permanent from untapping during the next untap step of the player who exerted it. See rule 701.38, “Exert.”
Comprehensive Rules (April 17, 2020)
- 701.38. Exert
- 701.38a To exert a permanent, you choose to have it not untap during your next untap step.
- 701.38b A permanent can be exerted even if it’s not tapped or has already been exerted in a turn. If you exert a permanent more than once before your next untap step, each effect causing it not to untap expires during the same untap step.
- 701.38c An object that isn’t on the battlefield can’t be exerted.
- 701.38d “You may exert [this creature] as it attacks” is an optional cost to attack (see rule 508.1g). Some objects with this static ability have a triggered ability that triggers “when you do” printed in the same paragraph. These abilities are linked. (See rule 607.2g.)
Exert Card ListEdit
|Abilities|| Evergreen Abilities: Deathtouch • Defender • Double Strike • Enchant • Equip • First Strike • Flash • Flying • Haste • Hexproof • Indestructible • Lifelink • Menace • Prowess • Reach • Trample • Vigilance
| Other Keyword Abilities: Afflict • Aftermath • Afterlife • Ascend • Convoke • Crew • Cycling • Embalm • Eternalize • Fabricate • Improvise • Jump-Start • Kicker • Mentor • Riot • Spectacle • Transform
|Ability Words||Addendum • Enrage • Raid • Revolt • Undergrowth|
|Actions||Adapt • Exert • Explore • Surveil|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.