Comprehensive Rules Glossary (April 17, 2020)
- An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics. See rule 114, “Emblems.”
Comprehensive Rules (April 17, 2020)
- 114. Emblems
- 114.1. Some effects put emblems into the command zone. An emblem is a marker used to represent an object that has one or more abilities, but no other characteristics.
- 114.2. An effect that creates an emblem is written “[Player] gets an emblem with [ability].” This means that [player] puts an emblem with [ability] into the command zone. The emblem is both owned and controlled by that player.
- 114.3. An emblem has no characteristics other than the abilities defined by the effect that created it. In particular, an emblem has no name, no types, no mana cost, and no color.
- 114.4. Abilities of emblems function in the command zone.
- 114.5. An emblem is neither a card nor a permanent. Emblem isn’t a card type.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.