Comprehensive Rules Glossary (October 4, 2019)
- Double Strike
- A keyword ability that lets a creature deal its combat damage twice. See rule 702.4, “Double Strike.”
Comprehensive Rules (October 4, 2019)
- 702.4. Double Strike
- 702.4a Double strike is a static ability that modifies the rules for the combat damage step. (See rule 510, “Combat Damage Step.”)
- 702.4b If at least one attacking or blocking creature has first strike (see rule 702.7) or double strike as the combat damage step begins, the only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are those with first strike or double strike. After that step, instead of proceeding to the end of combat step, the phase gets a second combat damage step. The only creatures that assign combat damage in that step are the remaining attackers and blockers that had neither first strike nor double strike as the first combat damage step began, as well as the remaining attackers and blockers that currently have double strike. After that step, the phase proceeds to the end of combat step.
- 702.4c Removing double strike from a creature during the first combat damage step will stop it from assigning combat damage in the second combat damage step.
- 702.4d Giving double strike to a creature with first strike after it has already dealt combat damage in the first combat damage step will allow the creature to assign combat damage in the second combat damage step.
- 702.4e Multiple instances of double strike on the same creature are redundant.
Double Strike Card ListEdit
|Ajani, Inspiring Leader (6)|
Legendary Planeswalker — Ajani (5)
+2: You gain 2 life. Put two +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature.
−3: Exile target creature. Its controller gains 2 life.
|Buccaneer's Bravado (2)|
Choose one —
• Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Legendary Artifact — Equipment
This spell costs less to cast for each attacking creature you control.
|Fencing Ace (2)|
Creature — Human Soldier (1/1)
Double strike (This creature deals both first-strike and regular combat damage.)
|Fireborn Knight (4)|
Creature — Human Knight (2/3)
: Fireborn Knight gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
|Garrison Sergeant (5)|
Creature — Viashino Soldier (3/3)
Garrison Sergeant has double strike as long as you control a Gate.
|God-Eternal Oketra (5)|
Legendary Creature — Zombie God (3/6)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a 4/4 black Zombie Warrior creature token with vigilance.
|Goring Ceratops (7)|
Creature — Dinosaur (3/3)
Whenever Goring Ceratops attacks, other creatures you control gain double strike until end of turn.
|Imperial Lancer (1)|
Creature — Human Knight (1/1)
Imperial Lancer has double strike as long as you control a Dinosaur.
|Kwende, Pride of Femeref (4)|
Legendary Creature — Human Knight (2/2)
Creatures you control with first strike have double strike.
|Path of Mettle (2)|
When Path of Mettle enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each creature that doesn't have first strike, double strike, vigilance, or haste.
Whenever you attack with at least two creatures that have first strike, double strike, vigilance, and/or haste, transform Path of Mettle.
|Raging Redcap (3)|
Creature — Goblin Knight (1/2)
|Storm Fleet Swashbuckler (2)|
Creature — Human Pirate (2/2)
Ascend (If you control ten or more permanents, you get the city's blessing for the rest of the game.)
Storm Fleet Swashbuckler has double strike as long as you have the city's blessing.
|Swiftblade Vindicator (2)|
Creature — Human Soldier (1/1)
Double strike, vigilance, trample
|Twinblade Paladin (4)|
Creature — Human Knight (3/3)
Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Twinblade Paladin.
As long as you have 25 or more life, Twinblade Paladin has double strike. (It deals both first-strike and regular combat damage.)
|Two-Headed Giant (4)|
Creature — Giant Warrior (4/4)
Whenever Two-Headed Giant attacks, flip two coins. If both coins come up heads, Two-Headed Giant gains double strike until end of turn. If both coins come up tails, Two-Headed Giant gains menace until end of turn.
|Uncaged Fury (3)|
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains double strike until end of turn. (It deals both first-strike and regular combat damage.)
|Valiant Knight (4)|
Creature — Human Knight (3/4)
Other Knights you control get +1/+1.
: Knights you control gain double strike until end of turn.
|Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (8)|
Legendary Creature — Elder Dinosaur (4/8)
Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible
|Abilities|| Evergreen Abilities: Deathtouch • Defender • Double Strike • Enchant • Equip • First Strike • Flash • Flying • Haste • Hexproof • Indestructible • Lifelink • Menace • Prowess • Reach • Trample • Vigilance
| Other Keyword Abilities: Afflict • Aftermath • Afterlife • Ascend • Convoke • Crew • Cycling • Embalm • Eternalize • Fabricate • Improvise • Jump-Start • Kicker • Mentor • Riot • Spectacle • Transform
|Ability Words||Addendum • Enrage • Raid • Revolt • Undergrowth|
|Actions||Adapt • Exert • Explore • Surveil|